From here you will make a choice between either Mood and Atmosphere or Pattern, Symmetry and Reflections. This will be your focus for the rest of the project.
This task focuses on AO1 - artist research. You know how important it is to choose the right artist, so think carefully! Their work will inspire all of your work from here...
Choose ONE artist from your chosen list. You will find the second artist yourselves later.
Your task is to write a paragraph about the work of your chosen photographer to anaylse the way they photograph your chosen subject. You should include:
- 3 photographs of their figure photographs (not photos of the artist!).
- key information about their work from the things you have read about (not the photographer but the work itself)
- Your own observations of the photography techniques and formal elements that you see - eg. how does the photographer use composition, lighting, line, shape, tone etc?
- What you think the work is about - what does the photographer want you to think about? What might the meaning behind the work be?
- Your opinion and explanation of how you will take inspiration from their work.
If you need help getting started, copy and paste these sentences and fill in the gaps.
The photographer I have chosen is...
Having read about their photography, I have learnt that...
When I look at _____'s photographs, I can see...
One of the reasons that I have chosen this photographer to inspire my work is because I like ...
I will take inspiration from ____'s work by...
These lessons have been written by Miss Wilson.